According toPunchbowl®, moms adopt new technologies faster than the average American. They keep their smartphones by their side at all times to look up information on-the-go, post photos of their kids and stay connected with friends and family. They quickly transition to their tablet to shop online, browse family dinner recipes, and search for birthday party ideas. They interact with bloggers, brands, and loved ones. They check email, watch videos, and read the news. They manage their family’s calendar and keep their photo memories. Mom is the ultimate Household CEO and many of her actions take place online with technology that didn’t exist 5 or 10 years ago.
For moms, technology is a game changer.
Punchbowl®, a one-stop site that helps smart moms and savvy professionals celebrate special occasions, milestone events, and holidays, makes it their business to understand these moms. And in the white paper titled, The World of Digital Moms: 101 Stats That Brands Need To Know, they share insight into this ever-changing audience.
Below is just a sampling of the compelling trends and data you will find in this FREE download.
WHO IS THE DIGITAL MOM
- 50% of all online women are moms
- Almost 75% of online moms feel online marketers don’t understand what it’s like to be a mom.
THE MOMMY BLOGOSPHERE
- 77% of mom bloggers will only write about products or brands she supports
- 55% of active social media moms make purchases because of recommendations from a personal review blog
- 1 in 3 bloggers are moms
- The average household income of a mommy blogger is $84,000 ($14,000 more than the average mom)
THE WORLD OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- 36% of moms have made a purchase because of a sponsored ad on a social network
- 2 out of 3 moms believe they can influence companies by voicing their opinions on social networks
MOBILE MOMS ON THE GO
- 64% of moms own smartphones
- 9 out of 10 moms have their phones by their side while shopping, watching TV, in the car, in bed and in the kitchen
- 34% of moms did more than half of their shopping via mobile in 2012
THE RISE OF TABLETS
- 1/3 of moms own a tablet
- 97% of tablet-owning moms made a purchase on one in the last month
- Games account for 48% of time that moms spend in apps on their iPads
ONLINE SHOPPING BEHAVIORS
- 95% of moms seek out digital direct offers
- 78% of women use the internet for product information before making a purchase
- 46% of moms want to receive information on their mobile device while in the store
GETTING IN THEIR INBOX
- Almost 60% of moms use their smart phones to read email
- Emails with personalized subjects are 22% more likely to get
HOW THEY ENGAGE WITH BRANDS
- 81% of moms will engage more with brands if they are offered a reward
- 70% of moms have posted about a brand’s product or service on social media
“ME” TIME FOR THE DIGITAL MOM
- 39% of moms report going online represents the most peaceful part of their day
- Moms spend 4.1 hours per day online on their computers, compared to 2.8 hours watching TV
If you want to connect with today’s mom, you need to forget who she was yesterday.
Filed under: Blogging, Buying Power of Women, Connecting with Women, Marketing 2.0, Marketing to Single Women, Marketing to Women, Marketing to Women Myths, Marketing-to-Moms, Targeting Women, Web 2.0, Women and social media, Women and the Internet