As noted by FinancesOnline.com, social media is now the top Internet activity, according to Business Insider. Americans spend an average of thirty-seven minutes daily on social media, and more than half of them are women.
So, if women are the driving force behind these billion-dollar social networking websites, it is safe to say that brands must figure out how to find and connect with the female market. They must learn to socialize, not simply market and sell.
Six reasons why women are considered the real power behind the social media phenomenon:
- More women use the top social media including Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest
- Women (30%) use social media more often daily than men (26%)
- Women are more likely to interact with brands on social media from showing support to capitalizing on the offers
- Women (58%) consume more news via social media than do men (42%)
- Women lead the trend towards use of social media via mobile on both smart phones and tablets
- More women use the top visual social media sites including Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram
How effective is your brand when using social media to targeting the female audience?